View Single Post
Old 04-23-11, 03:52 AM
alecw35

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I got a wheel thats a 26X 1 3/8 steel rim on a Sturmey Archer AG dyno hub. Ive allready got a DynoHub that was on my Raleigh Traveller roadster bike. Travellers rim and spokes wer damaged tho. so I stripped them out. I built up an AW hub onto a new alloy rim for the traveller. Im thinking of building its AG hub with the spokes from the fridays wheel. Into another alloy rim. So I can have the dated hub on the Raleigh.
Fridays AG hub, I want to build into a 20" alloy rim for the Apollo. I dont know the spoke lengths tho. My AW hub on 20" wheel is a 28 spoke. so cant measure them, for the non drive side spokes. A spoke calculator is confusing to use. especially with hub flanges of differing diameters. Does anyone have the measurements of the spokes. Or tell me how to measure the hub, for a spoke calculator. Ive got a digital vernier caliper. so can make acurate measurements.
I was out on the Apollo on sunday. Theres a grassy bike path to town. It goes along the seafront. Its 5 miles, so a mile and a half shorter than going the tarmac path. I got onto the offroad part. I spotted there was soft sand on the path. I tried to foot on the scrubby grass at the side. But my narrow schwalbes washed out in the sand. my leg got pushed back. and I fell on my knee. was sore for a while.
Ive been along there on my mtbs. they do the 5.13 miles from my house to bridge at edge of town in 30 minutes. 10mph. about a mile of thats on tarmac. rest is on grass/sand/rabbit holes.