View Single Post
Old 04-24-11, 11:25 AM
Guitarrick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll check out the Shimano BB tool, there's nothing wrong with buying a tool made by the same manufacturer that made the part I'm working on.

I found an 8mm hex wrench laying around, tried it and it's too small so I need the 10mm. I wasn't sure about that, guess that answers that.

I forgot about the chain tool I got a couple weeks ago, I have a Park CT-5. I just need to get a few spare links and a master link.

I'm getting my old x-mart bike put together just to Craigslist it. For that I'll need cable cutters/crimpers, cable/ends... I'll also check out the Shimano cutters.

The two complaints I've seen from Sojourn owners (besides it's aircraft carrier weight) are the cheap-o hubs and the BB. As much as folks complain about the crappy Joytech hubs I didn't run across one person who actually had one fail. The bottom bracket is another story, I've seen quite a few people having to replace them. I might as well get the tools to do it myself. I wouldn't mind fixing up yard sale bikes and CLing them, once I'm more familiar with what I'm doing.

Is there a do-all/end-all of grease for BBs? That'll probably start a 75 page debate on grease. Nevermind, I'll just search thread titles for "best grease". Don't want to start a war or anything