Old 04-24-11, 08:12 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
April 24th Update (9,151)

As always, these are just summaries. The actual entries with linked websites, objects, video's etc... can be found here:

Blog: http://tandemgeek.wordpress.com
Web: http://www.thetandemlink.com

-------------------------------------------------

SRAM X.0 + Jtek Shiftmate Straight (3rd Follow-Up)

OK. We’ve put quite a few more hilly miles on the SRAM X.O + Jtek Shiftmate Straight adapter since Update #2. I’d like to say that it was still “perfect” but, that’s not quite the case. Now, it’s not an insurmountable problem, but it’s similar to the same issues we’ve had with the more [...] Read more…

The Entry Level Tandem Price Gap

In my “pulse of the tandem market” update, I mentioned the entry-level tandem price gap and that bears some additional discussion, because it’s an interesting situation. Here’s the deal, if you’ve budgeted $3,500 or so for a new tandem the world’s your oyster: lots of great options out there, including a couple really nifty redesigns [...] Read more…

Headed to Chattanooga For Santana’s Mother’s Day Weekend Rally

Breaking News: Team LGood is headed to Chattanooga, Tennessee for the Santana Mother’s Day Weekend Rally on May 5th – 8th. I believe there are still a few other slots available if anyone is interested. More info HERE. Our first and only Santana Rally was the 1999 Mother’s Day Weekend in Asheville, North Carolina, so [...] Read more…

Our Hubbub Mirrors… 8-Week Update

Well, it’s been 8-weeks for me since I wrote my initial review, and about 4-weeks for Debbie and we’re both completely impressed with the Hubbub mirror. It stays put, which was not true of our other mirrors. Both would always need to be adjusted before a ride Mine would routinely need readjustment after hitting a big [...] Read more…

Taking the Pulse of the Tandem Community

Some of the folks who are regular readers of Tandem@Hobbes, Double_Forte@YahooGroups, GA_Peaches@YahooGroups, and BikeForums.net may have noticed that I did not conduct a tandem enthusiast poll this past winter. It was an intentionally omission, i.e., I just didn’t feel like it. But, that’s not to say that I’ve lost my interest in keeping my finger [...] Read more…

Tennessee Tandem Rally… Almost Full

Just four more slots remain, as there have been a few cancellations. You can learn more about the rally and get registration information from the TTR Website: http://www.thetandemlink.com/TTR.html We’ve always joked around that the Tennessee Tandem Rally “isn’t your parents tandem rally“. While most of the big climbs at TTR are optional, TTR has always been [...] Read more…

A.O.R.T.A. 2011 – Still Time To Register

As a reminder to off-road tandem enthusiasts, there’s still time to register for the 2011 Appalachian Off-Road Tandem Adventure being held at Bent Creek & DuPont State Forest near Asheville, North Carolina on May 13th – 15th. This will be the 2nd annual A.O.R.T.A. event, which means lots of tweaks and fine tuning have been [...] Read more…

April PEACHES Ride: Rome, Georgia

The April PEACHES (aka, unofficial tandem club of Georgia) ride turned out to be a very special event, even more so than one would typically expect when eight couples + another friend riding waist gunner on a triplet show up for a group tandem ride. As mentioned in Sunday night’s blog entry, ‘Oh Snap (Update [...] Read more…

Distracted Driver Mows Down Tandem Team in Illinois… (Follow-Up)

With a tip of the hat to our friend John (of John & Sonya) who pointed out the article to me via an Email today… Here’s the first follow-up I’ve seen since the news coverage that followed the March 7th incident where Errol Maul mowed down and killed 53-year old Cindy Combs and put her [...] Read more…

Serotta in Sarasota… It’s Baaack!

Long-time, regular readers may recall our friend and Serotta devotee David H. brought an 80′s vintage Serotta tandem to my attention back in November that I chronicled in this blog entry. I was intrigued back in November, but found the asking price to be a bit steep and the seller — who appeared to be [...] Read more…

OK, TG now does Facebook…

With some trepidation, I’m back on Facebook. Admittedly, I’ve truly become a troglodyte when it comes to things like Skype, VoIP, Twitter, and just about anything beyond Adobe PageMill 3.0, Email, and WordPress, noting I’m pretty much a hack at even things I do have some knowledge of. So, I guess in my 83-year old [...] Read more…

Yeah, it was a thin week… (Bloggishnish)

I think I may have over-achieved last week with about 12 entries, so this week was a bit thin. There are several items in my queue that I’ll try to get to this week, e.g., PEACHES Ride in Rome, that Serotta tandem is back on the market, my thoughts on tail lights, an update on the [...] Read more…