View Single Post
Old 06-13-05, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
My advice? Pick a start point and bring a map for that region. Then go out and ride, and don't worry about schedules. Italy has its own schedule, and you will soon learn from the strikes and the breaks they take in the middle of the day that it's nearly impossible to schedule what to do. Besides, you never know how much you're going to like a place and want to stay. My example with Verona- I really wanted to stay in Verona, but I literally stumbled onto Vicenza and ended up staying there about a week and just taking my bike out for day trips to towns in the region. I ended up in Sardinia and that was a shocker... I suddenly decided to hop a ferry with my bike and ended up on an island paradise for four days. I also made a sudden decision to hop into Greece from Bari, and faster than I could even think, I was huddled on a boat with two Canadians I'd accidentally met and mistook for two other Canadians, and we were having a great adventure headed out to Athens!

If you want to do the north, fly into Milan. If you want the middle region, fly into Florence. If you want to do the southern end, fly into Rome.

Koffee