Old 05-01-11, 04:57 PM
hurley81388

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tmh657
Yes it does. It's to put in your seat bag on your commute. It's best to have the same tool like a 5mm allen in several different configurations. Just like you have 9 different phillips screwdrivers. I have a few loose 5mm allens and this one http://www.parktool.com/product/3-way-hex-wrench-aws-1 so you can get some leverage on it.

There are gobs of threads on, "what should I get for my basic shop tools?". A few bike specific tools that get used over and over by folks that like to wrench.. chain tool, bottom bracket tool, cone wrenches, crank puller, chain whip/lock ring tool. YMMV of course.

PS. Do you like the way the bike rides? And maybe use more than 1 lock. I don't really know since I don't lock my bikes up, they might get stolen.
I went ahead and bought a hex wrench multi-tool from home depot today and adjusted the seat post. Have been ridiculously busy so I was only able to take the bike out for a short spin up and down the block a few times to try to get used to friction shifting.

I've never used friction shifters before and often found myself in between gears. Am I damaging the shifting mechanism by learning through trial and error? Is there any other way to learn?

Also, I did some searching but couldn't really find a thread on friction shifting. Is there any routine maintenance I have to do on it? Also, I've been reading up on other things that can possibly go wrong including flats. Are these a common occurrence? Should I be investing in extra tubes? In terms of tube sizing, do I just match the tube size with the tire size that's marked on the tire itself? Thanks!

And I absolutely love the bike. It's super fast and smooth. Other than my shifting

Last edited by hurley81388; 05-01-11 at 05:29 PM.