View Single Post
Old 05-02-11, 02:12 PM
SunnyFlorida

Bikes: Sun Miami Trike - 2007

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hopperja - Thanks for the link re your redo of your R20. Printed the thread out so I can refer to it.

Aaron - I'm not sure what type of cables they were when I redid the R20 but all the cables and housing on the R20 were replaced or else I wouldn't be stopping at all.

BTW, Sybil is wearing the "Raleigh broach" you gave her and she looks stunning.

fietsbob - Saw pics of those racer trikes on the internet. I'm telling ya, I'm living in the wrong country.

Something tells me that racer trikes are not in vogue anymore in Britain though. Is that correct? So strange how trikes are viewed over there and here.

Sixty-fiver - I think you brought something up that I have to really think about. What's really bothering me about the R20? Is it the braking or the handling really? Yes, the braking is not perfect but maybe it's the heavy handling that's bothering me more? I do like the idea of the suspension fork.

Folder Fanatic - Ok. Advice duly noted. Does make sense and it looks like it may save me a lot of headaches and money in the long run.

social suicide - Oh I love that Raleigh trike - wipes away tears from her eyes. I gotta confess I do love my Sybil but trikes are still my favorite.

Was it very hard to convert the R20 to a trike? How wide is the R20 in the back?

Dyno - At one point I did look at the conversion kit you've pointed out after having a fall on the R20.

I did asked the seller how wide it would be. The seller wrote back to tell me that it would be 29 inches wide. I was hoping it would be less than that. My trike is about 29 1/2 inches wide and she does take more than her share of space on the path. However, I realize that less than a 28 inches width could make the trike less stable and make it tip over.

All - Well, lots to ponder. In the meantime I tightened the cables a little more. The front brake is a little better. The rear is about the same. Using both brakes, I'm stopping a little more smoothly. This will do for now until I can decide what I can reasonably do with the tight budget I have.

Last edited by SunnyFlorida; 05-02-11 at 02:18 PM.