Thread: Carbo Loading
View Single Post
Old 10-09-02, 04:20 AM
nathank
cycle-powered

Bikes: '02 Specialized FSR, '03 RM Slayer, '99 Raleigh R700, '97 Norco hartail, '89 Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My cross country coach says that the meal 36 hours before the race is the most important meal, which usually ends up being the breakfast before school for me, so he tells us to load up on carbs then. And he said dont eat any big meals after that and nothing within 4 hours of the race except water. He used to be an olympic coach for the Morracan TRack team so i think he knows wut hes talkin about.
well, i'm not a trainer, so maybe your coach knows more than i do... but that is not really like my experience or what i've heard. i'm guessig that the not eating within 4 hours of the race is because running is hard on the digestive system b/c of all the sloshing - some runners get sick or cramps with just eating a bar. cycling is not much of a problem for upset stomach, although digestion does require blood and energy... eating 36 hours ahead is probably good, but the not any big meals after that seems too little to me - just doing nothing you will burn some calories and should replenish those... or maybe i'm misunderstanding and he means eat normal but not huge meals rather than "not eat much"...