Old 05-03-11, 10:13 PM
meangreen

Bikes: Schwin Twin, Rayleigh sports (1968), Bianchi (dont know year or type), Green fixed - built to my own desires, Cannondale CAAD9, Schwinn ss build, Fugi something-or-other.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That is a great idea. I really really liked the crosscheck, but I am going to hold out until june so I can test ride the salsa vaya. In the mean time I purchased the caadx (my friend manages the shop and got a super awesome deal that I wasn't expecting but really helped). I need to get away from my fixed gear for commuting for a while, my knees are in pretty bad shape and my PT told me a year ago to give that bike a break... I got to ride a friends CAADX and I was really happy with the geometry. I dont make much money as a grad student, but I looooove biking, I hope to race at some point (if I can get my knees to recover), and I can budget better than most people.
Anyway, to get to the point. I really appreciate all of the help. I hope other can use all of this advice at well. I have been using this missionworks backpack that I picked up until I have a bike I can put a rack on.

Sixty fiver I see that you wrote about quality racks, what do you suggest. Some people on the other forum were saying tubus and ortilieb. One of my LBSs has Jannd, are they any good? I dont mind buying online, but I prefer to support local... And for the foldup bike, that looks awesome!

one more thing, why are people so obsessed with weight? Does 100 grams really make that much of a difference?