Old 05-09-11, 05:44 PM
bluefoxicy

Bikes: 2010 GT Tachyon 3.0

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Awesome. I fixed the upper limit, tension ... messed it up at first, then I figured out how the indexer worked and fixed that center shift (seriously, I had it shifting perfectly to low, and then jumping directly to high, skipping middle). There are still some odd issues: it rattles in Low/1 but not in Low/2; a little drag up in High (less now); etc. I need to make adjustments.

The bike is faster now, though. The amount of drag the chain had with the cage originally was significant and, despite still being wrong, it's in so much better tune now that I can accelerate a bit faster. I'd blame my body's dire need for rest yesterday and subsequent recovery from a week of commuting; but I tuned it before leaving work today, so I have a morning and afternoon sample. But I am getting faster

I really need to check out both derailleurs I guess. And these cables; I set up the brakes and they became too soft, so I rolled out the barrel and they ... became too soft again after a couple minutes? Cable doesn't seem to be slipping off the brake itself.