cyclinfool
gone ride'n

Bikes: Simoncini, Gary Fisher, Specialized Tarmac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by alanknm
One more thought that has occurred to me is for me to use an older heavier bike for the reps on the hills and intervals leaving the CF bike for the longer rides. I know that some of guys who race will use a bike that is slightly heavier (more for reliability) than their race day gear but it seems that in most cases, it's just a change of wheels. My one concern is that the extra resistance can be like lifting weights where the slow twitch muscles can get overdeveloped and the fast twitch muscles take a back seat. Any thoughts on that ? I know that if I mash my legs start building up too much muscle which actually slows me down because I can't sustain a decent cadence. The slow muscles actually start to cramp up.
Swapping equipment for me is typically about comfort and cost. I'd rather not put the wear on my more expensive equipment and I'd rather ride the more comfortable bike on more relaxed rides.

As far as your question, I don't have a clue - I'd be happy building muscle and dropping as much fat no matter where it is.