B.Alive
Randonneur in Training

Bikes: 2010 Jamis Coda Sport "The Coda!"

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks everyone!

I have a friend that's going to school (starting his clinical in the next few months) to be an Osteopath. He suggested the Paleo path as well. Chris is an Ultra Runner that doesn't need to shed a pound and needs a lot of calories to keep up with his high mileage training and is Paleo. I need to get a better look at it.

Where do the carbs come from? I'm assuming veggies and fruit. But what do you take in on long rides? I now have to give up my normal Clif Bar and find something GF.

I'm also amazed at how many things in our lives contain gluten! It's everywhere! And not just in the wheat, barley, and oat form. It's in caramel coloring, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, and a ton of other additives to normal life. And sometimes it's hard to tell by the ingredient list. There's vegetable broth listed on the cans of tuna we have in the pantry. That vegetable broth may contain some form of gluten.

I really appreciate all the support and replies. I'd like to know more about the on the bike nutrition as a Paleo follower.