The Silver Hammer

Bikes: Surly Steamroller, Specialized Hardrock, Lynskey Cooper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
500 Miles Fixed....oy vey

okay buddies

so that bike i was obsessing over has been built 2 weeks now (steamroller+sugino 75 cranks/bb+ck headset+thomspn post/stem+whipperman chain+eai cog+white turbo; more details later)...ive got to post some pics but more importantly...i am 99% sure i will be registering for the charity trek montreal to boston AIDS ride in august.

i have never put in more than about 50 miles in a day, this ride will be 5 back to back centuries

i know all the usual putting in miles and maintaining a schedule stuff...and im going to be riding my tushy off for the next month and a half...but are there any radpid training techniques any of you would like to share so i dont end up dead...

maybe even more than the typical riding and fitness...but nutrition too. is there a particularly high performance diet i should try switching to?

i am willing to make a whole life style switch so please lay it on me

also..if anybody here is doing it...want to bunk up? im doing it with a buddy...so i think we are looking for 2 roomates for that first night

thanks y'all
xoxo

MAX

(fine print...this belongs in this forum because i officially announced my new bike and because i want info from guys who do centuries in this much more rigorous manner)