Old 05-17-11, 12:24 PM
BikeWNC
Climbing Above It All

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ruby Ride - Franklin, NC

Just a heads up for another of our local organized rides. This one is out of Franklin, NC called the Ruby Ride. The metric, which NealH and I will ride, rolls around the Little Tennessee River valley and skirts along the some of the bigger climbs but never heading over them. It is a beautiful route through pastures and woods with river and mountain views. While not an easy ride, there are no long sustained climbs, but expect constant short efforts over semi-steep grades. I can't remember the total elevation gain for the metric but I think it is close to 5000'.

The weather is forecast to be near perfect again for the event with sunny temps ranging from the 50s in the morning to the mid 80s late in the day. The ride starts at 9am so if you are within a reasonable drive and looking for a great ride to stretch the legs and see new terrain, come on up!

One more thing. The route is a rough figure eight so if after 30 miles you feel like you've had enough it is possible to call it a day and head to lunch. It's a nice option to have though with the expected weather I doubt many will take the shortcut.