Old 05-18-11, 06:49 PM
trackhub

Bikes: Bridgestone RB-1. Nicely restored

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Vayu
It is pretty, but yeah, it reminds me more of those guys who put neon lights under their car than a safety system.
I knew I would be the only one to think of that!

I see a man with those riding around Waltham in the evening, usually in the area of the old Watch Factory, or around the Woerd Avenue / Rumford Ave area. He's the only one I've noticed. Well, MA law does state that you may have as many lights and reflectors on your bike as you wish.

My system:
-Two strips of red Scotchlite tape on my rear fender. This is the same stuff you see on tractor trailers. I like it better than reflectors.

-Blackburn Mars 4 tail light. Very bright, and has Amber LEDS for side visibility. Takes two AAAs. Seems very good on Battery life.

-White Helmet, White, or mostly white, jersey. Jacket, when needed, has reflective piping.

-reflective leg bands. I like the ones from Jogalite. Oddly enough, MA law requires that you have either reflective leg bands, or pedal reflectors. Leg bands are better, IMHO.

-Busch and Mueller Ixon IQ headlight. I'd rank it as one of my top ten purchases.
Pricey, but it is regulated. The light does not dim as the batteries discharge. I only use the high setting when there is no street lighting, or weak lighting. Uhhh, I never realized there were so many Raccoons in the Cemetery near my apartment complex. Oh well, they have to get out too I guess.