View Single Post
Old 05-20-11, 02:31 PM
charleychen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,

I am new to the forum. I am looking at folding bikes for my commute of 2.5-3miles in NYC. The Xootr Swift looks like a nice option and is in my price range. I have a couple of question that I can't seem to find an answer easily.

1) How easily is it to carry the Swift up a flight of stairs? Do I need to take off the handlebar and wheels? Does it stay locked? Does anyone have pictures or video of someone carrying the Swift around? The swift fold is not a problem for me at home, however, I have no where to lock the bike at work. So, I am thining of bringing it into our office. I have to walk up a flight of stairs before I can get to the elevator. I will also have a small bag to carry.

2) I would like to get an internal gear hub, what's the best way to go about this? Should I just buy the frame and customize it? Or is it cheaper to buy the complete bike and upgrade the rear wheel?

3) When you remove the front wheel, is there a place to attach it to the rest of the folded bike or do I need to get some straps?

Thanks.