Old 05-21-11, 10:32 PM
Burton
Certified Bike Brat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Favorite mod or accessory

I`ve got a few bikes and they`re all different and each has its own charm, But switching from one to another really brings to my attention some small but important differences and there are some things I`d do to any bike in the future and some accessories that I`d add to more than one bike. I`m sure everyone with more than one bike has their own favorites and I`d like to hear about them.

Cut down flatbars:
Since I`m driving in the city and don`t need the mechanical advantage of wide bars - the bars on my mtb and hybrid have been cut down to the minimum possible width. There`s just enough bar left to mount controls, grips and bar ends. Makes getting through doorways easier, makes the stance more aero and doesn`t affect stability at all. I`d do that again!

Taped over bar-ends:
Ended up taping over my barends with roadie bar tape and found the result more comfortable in both hot and cold weather. I`d do that again!

Ergonomic grips:
Tried a few different kinds of ergonomic lock-on grips and aren`t interested in going back to regular grips ever! My favorates are Ergon GC3s which incorporate their own bar ends which are even better when taped over. I`d do that again too!