View Single Post
Old 05-22-11, 08:49 PM
OrionKhan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Error
Well to me looks like Contador rides just enough to keep pink jersey, is he realy so superior ? will be sam on TdF (hope not but i dont see any one can go against him)? i watched last night Andy Schleck and don't look like he can go against Contador or can some other rider ?! . Great ride for Nieve and Euskaltel it is nace to see smaller teams (or not favorits) to win so hard stage ....
Yes, AC is so superior. He's doing more than riding just enough to keep the pink. He's been the one attacking and dropping his GC rivals. He's put them on the defensive. Something that is unusual in a grand tour. He hasn't need much assistance from his team. He's had no problem covering attacks. And he's counter attacked at will. He's already out to a 3:20 lead and there are still 2 time trials to go with one being all climbing. And AC is excellent tt rider. So that will probably get bigger. In a grand tour, that is superior riding.

As for A. Schleck, he's looking to peak in July. But based on how AC looks, AS has a lot to improve over his performance last year to top AC. Its looking more and more like AC wasn't on top form for last years Tour. Especially, if you compare the year prior and this year so far. Of course, we don't know if AC will be able to ride the TdF yet. But he does look very good for the double. If so, I would love to see him try the Vuelta too. That would be epic.