Old 05-23-11, 12:16 AM
Jim Picardy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I cycled on average 140-150 kms per day. But it totally depends on the cyclist. Some people prefer a more leisurely pace, to stop off frequently, visit museums etc. Also, the weather conditions, terrain, etc have a big part to play.
Crossing the Pyrennes can be a biggy - it depends on where you cross. If you do as I did and cross at Perthus then, as imi says, it's not at all hard - especially after passing through the Limousin!
I am right now on sick leave because of back problems (not cycling-related, my doctor assures me!). I've been playing around with the idea of doing a website for a while now, but have always chickened out because I was worried I didn't have anything interesting to put in it. But I have found lots of useful stuff in other people's sites/blogs, so I'm starting one. I'll get to work on it today and post a link. It won't be much, but it could be useful.
By the way, after going to Barcelona I took a ferry Mallorca. I would definitely recommend this! It's a cycling paradise - honestly! My images of the place before going was loads and loads of high-rise holiday villas and drunk British tourists - but it turned out to be a great cycling destination!