Judah
Slower than you

Bikes: IRO Mark V & Don Walker Custom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by white lobster
I've never heard of Shadow Conspiracy, but KMC just came out with a "pintle" version of their Z410 chain that's practically identical. In fact, I'd be surprised if the Shadow Conspiracy chain wasn't a KMC chain with another label.

Looks pretty cool with nothing but a bunch of U-shaped half-links. KMC's pintle chain should retail for under $30.

Note that KMC's pintle chain is only 95 links long, so make sure it's long enough for you before you buy.
According to the guys at Shadow, the KMC is a cheap version of their chain, and they're a little pissed about it because they think that people will break the KMC and then have a low opinion of all half-link chains. Theirs has been out for over a year now, and they say that they've done extensive testing on it and competitor copies of it, and apparently theirs is muuuch stronger(like several factors of ten). This is from many phone convos I've had with them.

The finish on the Shadow chain is also very nice. Each individual link has "The Shadow Conspiracy" etched around the pin. I don't think it's a rebranded KMC.