Old 05-23-11, 09:06 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
Leaning Tower of Bianchis wood woorker help!!

OK so it is not a tower but my homemade bike rack has a decided list to the right (as you are looking at it). the uprighton the left always leaned a bit, thanks to my fabulous skills . but the whole thing is leaning to the right now.

I have a plan but since some of you are more adept at wood work I thought I would run it by you first before I spent alot of money on hardware.

[I][I]coarse thread deckingtype screws were used in the initial construction.

my current plan is to replace the screws on the 'mantle' (A) and lower cross bar with carrage bolts.

then use a 1x3 on the back running from the upper right ( point B) to the bottom left (C)

then use a spare 2x4 {just because I have it) running from upper left (point D) to midway on the right (point E) my available skill and tools prevent me from putting it lower. cross bar Z is the spare 2x4 for this.

does this sound like a good idea? or should I hire someone who has more skill to fix/rebuild it?

OH rats! I made a typo on the pic. Z is the board above the cross board the wheels are resting on, not the vertical one.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Rack Repair.jpg (91.9 KB, 299 views)

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk