Old 05-23-11, 11:30 PM
kiltedcelt

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flying Merkel
I'm using Shimano MTB shoes. Lace up, easy to walk in, & comfortable. A bit heavy, but they work well.
Which ones? I had a pair of Shimano shoes a few years back, they were lace-ups as well. I ended up having to sell them off after only wearing them about 6 times because they were simply too narrow. I've read a lot of reviews about the narrow-ness of Shimano shoes, and while I don't have wide feet I clearly have issues with some cycling shoes. I had to send back a pair of Specialized shoes I bought back in the 90s because they were too narrow for their length. I ended up buying my Avocets instead. They were probably one of the best pairs I've ever owned even and even though they had a stiff-ish sole, they were not SPD compatible. That was back when you could still get cycling shoes with that weird little plastic centering tab thingie on the sole which was supposed to line up with the edge of the pedal. Of course you were wearing toe clips and straps back then too. I dunno. I've just had terrible luck finding Shimano shoes that fit me worth a damn at the shops when I've tried on multiple styles and sizes.