Old 05-24-11, 12:22 PM
nun

Bikes: Rivendell Quickbeam, Rivendell Rambouillet, Rivendell Atlantis, Circle A town bike, De Rosa Neo Primato, Cervelo RS, Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Magnus Thor
Wind and rain - and then more wind and rain. Temperatures could range from 0 C to 20 C. And more wind and rain. I would camp, but then again I'm planing a ride over the interior highlands in early August, camping out for two weeks or so. Since I don't know the fitness levels of your group I can't guess at your daily mileage, but when I rode the ring road, 7 years ago I managed from 80 to 150 km per day, and I was not in good shape. At least bring a tent in case you get caught by really bad weather away from your intended hotel/hostel.
Feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Magnus Thor
Iceland (currently under a cloud of ash...)
I'm ready for the rain.....don't know about the wind. My fitness level is ok and I plan to average 90km a day. I'll be bringing a tent, sleeping bag etc, but I have hotels/hostels booked for every night. My real question is how quickly you can get out form under that ash cloud. Right now it would be impossible to ride on Route 1. But in a month will all the ash be gone from the road and the air. How quickly does it get cleaned up?