View Single Post
Old 05-25-11, 02:04 AM
Captain Blight

Bikes: -1973 Motobecane Mirage -197? Velosolex L'Etoile -'71 Raleigh Super Course

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IK_biker
NCEL

You have neither the understanding nor the skill needed to fix the issues you describe.
Those come at the price of hands-on experience which can not be gained on the interwebs.
You can not be helped on this forum.

Going to a bike shop is your only option. Otherwise, you are going to ultimately ruin the bike, get hurt - or both.
I'm sorry, I have to disagree. The questions as posed are very solvable, and all the answers given will certainly help NCEL at least make a stab at fixing the problems.

There is very little about a bike that's complicated. Some of it may be mysterious to the newcomer, but fortunately there are a lot of resources specifically devoted to shining light into previously unknown corners.

www.Sheldonbrown.com is the first of these that springs to mind, and of course Bikeforums. **EDIT** Whoops, I see this is a repeat of Post 5. Well, I suppose it's such good advice it bears repeating!

Don't take the naysayers to seriously, NCEL. It just sounds like SOMEONE had a big glass of Haterade today.