View Single Post
Old 05-25-11, 11:20 PM
DXchulo
Upgrading my engine

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Andy didn't give a crap about the ToC, and as sad as it sounds he's probably right to feel that way. The TDF is still relatively far away. I know they keep saying the ToC should be an important prep race for the TDF, but the way the calendar is set up and with all the travel I just don't see it. I love Horner, but the odds of him outclimbing Schleck in July are slim.

Meanwhile, Contador is showing that he's still the best. He clearly had a bad year at the TDF last year and Schleck still couldn't beat him. I know it's not likely Alberto will get to ride the TDF this year, but it would make for a very interesting race. How well could he recover from the Giro and could he beat Schleck at less than 100% again?

Even if Contador is gone it won't be easy for Schleck. He doesn't strike me as a guy who would deal well with the pressure of being the favorite. Basso and Evans are both 100% focused on the TDF this year and I'd give both of them the mental edge. The bad news for them is that there's hardly any TT action this year.