Phil85207
Century bound

Bikes: Felt AR4 and Cannondale hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tsl
Here we are in the 50+ forum, and no one has made this suggestion yet: Retire!

And I say that only partially in jest.

Our values change through life. Once upon a time, I valued money much more than I do now. For decades I worked 70 and 80 hour weeks. Things change. I felt life was passing me by.

These days, I've come to value time more than money, so I work half-time at the public library. I sold off most of my own business three years ago, keeping only enough of it for 4-6 hours a week.

Yes, I had to restructure major parts of my finances and lifestyle to fit within my reduced income, and it took several years to accomplish that. But the enrichment these changes have brought to my life has me regretting the hell-bent decades before.

I feel truly rich these days, despite what most other people would call reduced circumstances.
I am retired. However my wife thinks that her landscaping and flowers are more important than ridding. After all, I get exercise shoveling and laying pavers down too. Then it's "honey, lets put those flowers over here, no I don't like them there, lets try them over here... I haven't been able to straighten up in three days. Oh my aching back. Oh to be in my 60's again.