2nd Amendment Cyclist

Bikes: Schwinn 2010 World Street, Handsome Speedy w/ SRAM Apex

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dwellman
Eventually, though, feeling self conscious gave way to one of two states:
2) feeling impressive (That's right. Look at me you lazy bums. I'm running/riding and you ain't. Oh is it snowing? Didn't notice. Tropical storm? meh. It's only water. It'll wash off. That sounds like the honk of jealousy to me!)
You wouldn't believe how many people question my sanity when they discover I commute by bike to work year-round. Rain? Turns out that human skin is waterproof. Who knew?

Snow? Well, if the roads are safe to drive, then they're safe to ride - if you're willing to take a lane instead of riding on the shoulder where all the refrozen snow and ice sits.

But... isn't it cold??? Yeah.... that's why I wear clothes. People pay thousands of dollars in gear to spend hundreds of dollars a day so they can, in the dead of winter, fly to a colder place than they live, stand outside in a line for 30 minutes so they can sit for 15 minutes on a cold moving bench so they can ski down the side of a mountain for 10 minutes. For some reason, THAT makes sense to people, but riding a bike in better weather on paved roads is crazy.