Old 05-31-11, 05:55 PM
wheelspeed

Bikes: '06 Titus mtb, 2004 Trek T2000 tandem, '88 Merckx 753, '18 Emonda, '91 Cannondale mtb, '19 Trance 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, a lot of interesting things. Nice website. I marked a few rides on my calendar... hopefully I can make a couple of them this year. Or, at least use the cue sheets for our own little weekend tour around the Finger Lakes (which isn't too far from Pittsburgh).

I'm only 41, but I have to admit that I guess I'm too old to understand blogs. From your summaries, it looks like you have some interesting things, but it'd be easier to choose the item I wanted to read if you had them all listed in your website. Maybe I just haven't figured out blogs since I never read them. (And twitter is a whole 'nother level that I don't get!)

I have to agree on the one blog though, that the GA bicycle rules look like a good idea except for the comment that bicyclists may not be allowed on roads if there's a bike path nearby. That makes me nervous! I'm too used to enjoying the challenge of an uphill and then cruising downhill to have much patience for bike or jogging paths. I donate a little each year to rail trails because I do agree on their benefits, and I do use one for commuting to work occasionally, but when I'm on a road tandem or my road single, I want to cruise on nice asphalt with some elevation changes!

EDIT- Also, it appears that blogs aren't searchable. Is that true? I've definitely searched for "tandem rallies" or "bike rides NY", etc., and don't recall your blog coming up, even though you discuss many rides. I could be wrong... maybe I just glazed over them because I don't normally pay attention to blogs. I guess I need to change. I've adapted from 8 speed to 9 speed, I guess I could learn to read blogs. ;-)

Last edited by wheelspeed; 05-31-11 at 06:00 PM.