View Single Post
Old 06-01-11, 08:18 AM
DTSCDS
"Fred"--is that bad?

Bikes: Felt f85 (11); Trek 7.3 FX (07); Schwinn Super Sport (86); Specialized Rockhopper (87)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I made the fatal mistake of telling someone once that I never have problems with flats. After that Mr. Murphy apparently said "It's ON!!!"

I had put on about 20 pounds so on my road bike I decided to change from 23 to 25's. I can't go 7 feet without flatting. I tried to ride down to my local lake trail and got less than 2 miles before turning around. A total of 3 flats on that trip. Next day: Figured I would pump up the rear a little more and try it again. Made it 3/4 of the way around the block. . .

Stopped riding the road bike

On my commuter/hybrid doing a short charity ride a couple of weeks ago: mile 14 of 16 the back end started feeling a little 'bouncy' so I asked the wife if it looked like it was loosing air. She said it looked fine. Got back to the finish line and knew it must be going flat--either that or it had miraculously morphed into a MTB with rear suspension. Hung around the finish area and had snacks/beverages before going back to the car. Got on to ride to the car and it was 80% flat. Had to ride back to the car leaning over the handle bars to take as much weight off the rear end.

Good news is I'm pretty good at changing tubes now.