View Single Post
Old 06-08-11, 03:13 PM
Teon

Bikes: See my signature.....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Thanks so much for all the replies. I'll see what the bike is like when it gets here, and probably just replace the tires, if needed, and have the wheels checked and trued by my lbs. Prudent advice on not dumping much money into it until I see how it feels and such. (pardon my giddy, noobie excitement....lol)

I live in a small town/farm country area with a few small and medium sized towns here and there. There are some really decent bike paths in the area where I plan to spend most of my time with this bike, initially. Very safe riding, with not too much other bike/runner traffic, and pleasant scenery and smooth pavement. The county just repaired/repaved the main north/south bike path, and the east/west bike path that runs over to the river is brand new....probably about 10-15 miles worth of good bike paths around here....and then a lot of decent, fairly quiet country roads, as well. The bike paths will be very conducive to checking the bike out and seeing what's good and what's not so good about the bike. I'm really looking forward to it.

Last edited by Teon; 06-08-11 at 03:16 PM.