View Single Post
Old 06-09-11, 09:07 AM
Mark_Banu

Bikes: Micargi Island

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Leisesturm, these are all things I must consider at some point.

Yes, saddles are high on the list - the stock ones will kill us in short time.

The only riding I think we will be able to do is pedal around the local park to build up confidence. Pavement, grass and dirt paths, all flat. And just for short runs, at first. We'll be practicing starting, stopping, turns, shifting, communicating, working out bugs, etc...

Hopefully this weekend I can clear out all other chores, then next weekend organize a bike work area on the carport and a storage solution in our tiny shed.

After I dis-assemble, lube, re-assemble, true the wheels, and adjust everything, I will then ride around solo on it and see what this tank feels like!

Edit:

Oohh, wingnuts on the front axle - that could be a cheap and easy solution! I'll search for those!

Messing with the handlebars is no big deal - we'll only pull the bike out on weekends, most likely. The Stokers handlebars pull out in seconds with the Pilots seat, and folding pedals will help it fit in the shed. I'll post a pic when its all tucked in...

People will steal anything in our city - everything has to be secured, and we both want to store the bike in the shed nice and neat.

Last edited by Mark_Banu; 06-09-11 at 09:14 AM.