View Single Post
Old 06-09-11, 05:20 PM
brianogilvie 
Commuter & cyclotourist

Bikes: Boulder All Road, Surly Long Haul Trucker, Bike Friday New World Tourist, Breezer Uptown 8, Bike Friday Express Tikit, Trek MultiTrack 730 (Problem? No, I don't have a problem)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My wife and I did a 9-day tour in western Ireland with Iron Donkey last August and I can't praise them too highly. Tony and Wilma planned great routes, booked good lodging, and helped me find a replacement tire for my Bike Friday.

We went from Ennis to Westport (the Connemara and the Burren tour, except that we omitted the first night in Galway and added one in Westport). There were a few hills--nothing too bad, but definitely more than the Netherlands! We live in western Massachusetts, though, so we're used to moderate hills.

We're doing a 7-day tour at the end of this month with Tulip Cycling: Deventer to Meppel via Harderwijk, Amersfoort, Weesp, Volendam, Enkhuizen, Stavoren, and Lemmer.

I kept a journal of last year's tour on Crazyguy and will keep one this year on the Dutch tour; if you'd like to read them to get an idea of what Ireland was like, go to crazyguyonabike.com and search for brianogilvie (my user ID).