Old 06-10-11, 11:25 AM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Why it is important for EVERYONE to stop at stop signs

Here is an example of why EVERYONE should stop at stop sings. I was at a three-way intersection last night. It's not your standard three-way intersection, the east/west leg of it is a sweeping curve merging into the north/south street.

Last night, I was headed south, there was another car that was headed north. Being as I got there just after the northbound car I waited for them to clear the intersection as they could have been making a left turn. Just as easily as they were going north.

I enter the intersection and this JAM is busying yakking on their bluetooth headset and doesn't even slow down for the stop sign. Forcing me to have to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting him.

He had his driver side window down and I just call out a nice loud "Hey!" Causing him to "lock up" his brakes and look around. I am pretty sure that after calling out my "Hey!" to him that he than saw me. The look on his face was priceless.

Hopefully, next time he'll be more careful and pay more attention to his driving.

This also helps to prove what others have said about how even using a handsfree kit can be too distracting, while driving.