View Single Post
Old 06-10-11, 12:09 PM
CliftonGK1

Bikes: '08 Surly Cross-Check, 2011 Redline Conquest Pro, 2012 Spesh FSR Comp EVO, 2015 Trek Domane 6.2 disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by socalrider
Most Hincapie jersey's are a euro cut. I have a couple of there 3xl's and they are still a 46" chest. I think the club cut ones are 25" chest for the 3xl..

Nice Bibs and jerseys but very slim cut..
I'm not sure about the style of cut on the Velocity custom stuff of theirs, but here's some measurements for comparison of fit on the 2X in the picture above:
Me - 6'6", 220 pounds, 17.5% bodyfat (at time of photo)
17" neck
47" chest
36" waist
15.5" arm
The waist of the 2X sits a bit on the long side, so it's actually covering the sponsor's logo on the upper backside of the bibs. The sleeves are a good length, but hang about an inch wide. The waist is the real capper though, and the midsection is fairly loose.
In talking with other guys on my team, here's some fit sizing info from them.
2" shorter than me, same weight, fits fine in a Large jersey, can squeeze into a Medium, but it ain't pretty.
6'1" and rail thin racer build, guy wears a Small. Seriously, he's the definition of Euro-cut sizing.
I'll be ordering a Large for my next set of everything with this kit. I've gone back to some of my kit collection and tried on some other things; I can fit comfortably into a Voler Large jersey and almost get away with a Medium from Primal.