Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by symbios
Hi, I just completed 380 km bike ride in 4 days, very hot weather and now have swollen ankles and sore achilles tendons and I've gained 7 pounds...My trip ended on Tuesday and today is Friday. Should I try to stretch the Achilles, go to the doctor for the ankles...will I lose the weight. I didn't eat incredible extra amounts of food while riding extra while riding, but adequte amounts and thought I was drinking enough
. What about diet now, I'm drinking a lot of water and eating normally but maybe if I'm retaining water I shouldn't drink?

Thanks Symbioa.
I'm not sure why you would respond to a year-old thread when the same topic has been discussed in another thread just a few days ago: http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...a-century-ride

Anyway ... read Post #14 above ... read the links.

1. You will likely lose the weight, probably by about mid-week.
2. Drinking is good, don't stop drinking. Just make sure you're consuming enough electrolytes.
3. Don't stretch the Achilles tendons. Go to the Dr first ... and soon. Achilles tendon problems can be very serious and can keep you off the bicycle for a long time. I would guess your bicycle is not set up properly ... chances are the saddle is too high so before you ride again, you should check your fit.