Old 06-11-11, 10:01 AM
John Forester

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bekologist
john, I've debunked your unsupportable and fringe position, using the weight of law, as well as quotes from your own published works.

You went from reasonable interpretations of traffic law to a wild and unsupportable position on traffic law.

reasonable to unreasonable. I even used quotes of your own, scrutizining your radical position with your own analysis of traffic laws in your published works.

There is a group of bicyclists hazardous to american bicyclists road rights, selling a faulty version of cyclists rights in a hapless or duplicitous effort that aims to take away cyclists rights.

Platforms built on false assumptions don't float for long.
Bek, you have never provided legal argument or legal opinion to the question of the slow-moving vehicle law. That is, you have never argued the meaning of the law as it appears in the statute, according to standard legal principles; neither have you provided an appellate opinion supporting your argument. In short your claims about legal force are entirely false. Like I said before, provide the legal support or cease claiming that you have it. Furthermore, in your answer to Brontide's posting you don't provide the law, but only what some official motorist says that the law is.

You also accuse me of running a "duplicitous effort that aims to take away cyclists' rights." It should be obvious that we vehicular cyclists are aiming for the exact opposite, to ensure that cyclists are allowed to exercise the full rights of drivers of vehicles, instead of having them reduced by the anti-cyclist discriminatory laws that you so strongly advocate, laws created by motorists to make motoring more convenient.

Yes, indeed, we vehicular cyclists oppose the American superstition and policy regarding bicycle traffic, which has for more than seventy years reflected the motorist-superiority, cyclist-inferiority superstition. And we, although only I say it here, are proud of fighting for the better cause of cyclist equality instead of the current cyclist-inferiority status.