Old 06-11-11, 01:22 PM
radeane

Bikes: 2008 Cannondale Synapse, 2003 Jamis Quest

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wider Tires. xxx 28c tires fit on my yyy road bike.

After much searching and reading about the benefits of a wider tire I decided to try out the 28c Continental 4 Season on my Cannondale Synapse. After searching the threads, the only information I found was that 25c would most likely fit but 28c would be trial and error.

Well, the tires fit with plenty room to spare and I can pull them off without having to deflate the tires first.

They also fit on my Jamis Quest but no pictures of that.

To me, The 28c tires do offer a much 'better' ride feel than 23c's. I haven't noticed if there is any discernible difference in top speed, but I do feel they do take longer to spin up to speed.

I like them for centuries, solo rides and easy paced charity type rides but I'd rather have 23's for the town line sprints and whenever you are with a bunch of people that you know are going to mix it up a few times throughout the ride. It could just be my perception though.

I would have pulled the trigger on the tires much earlier if I had known they would fit for sure.

I do like rolling on lower pressure tires for general cruising around town.

Anyone else riding 28c's on their road bike? I'm sure the information could be helpful to others out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG-20110605-00066.jpg (98.1 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg
IMG-20110605-00067.jpg (98.1 KB, 71 views)