View Single Post
Old 06-20-05, 06:56 AM
daskobtimburt

Bikes: fishers-sugars and big sur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My daughter (18 yrs old at the time) was shot in the face and neck with a paintball gun at such close range that it broke her skin and left big welts. It was a drive-by shooting, and there were several people in the car who all had to be in on it as she was riding her bike on the right side of the road (in a quiet residential neighborhood about a mile from home), and the driver slowed down so that the passenger in the front could shoot her. There were also people in the backseat of the car. It was the 4th of July, and I bet they were drunk, or worse. She filed a police report, had a good description and witnesses, but no one was ever caught or prosecuted. You know what worries me is that the shooter (and maybe the rest of them too) will probably continue this kind of behavior until they maim or kill someone. Even then I believe they will probably enjoy the result, graduating to even more agressive forms of assult against anyone (not just bikers) who happens to cross their path(s) when they feel like they can get away with victimizing innocent people and not get caught. My daughter was lucky that time, he missed her eyes, she didn't crash, and she fully recovered, but what about the next poor victims?