Old 06-13-11, 08:09 AM
Bike Hermit
ghost on a machine

Bikes: Rivendell A. Homer Hilsen, Serotta Colorado Legend TG, Rivendell Roadeo, Surly Cross Check, Surly Big Dummy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by sstorkel
Interesting... The blog that you link to, Bike Touring News, seems to list the exact same street address and phone number as Zimbale North America, LLC. Posting a bit of disinformation to try to increase sales of your Korean-made copies of Carradice bags, perhaps?

Bike Touring News contact info
Zimbale North America LLC address

In my experience Peter White, Wall Bike, VeloFred, etc. seem to have quite a few Carradice models in stock. If they don't have what you need, there are a number of UK vendors (ex: Wiggle, SJS Cycle) that will ship to the U.S., sometimes for less than the U.S. vendors charge.
Yes, you outed me. I have used and sold Carradice products and they are fine. However, the inconsistencies in availability are notorious. That's the reason we started selling Zimbale. They make a very nice product which is readily available. I try to be transparent. If my post came across as "disinformation", I apologize. Of course I would like to increase sales, but I try not to make blatant sales pitches....just contribute to the topic on hand and hopefully provide some value. We also sell touring products at the Bike Touring News Store Posting here is hopefully not construed as "disinformation". We always try to add value to the conversation. Again, I am attempting to be transparent. If I am violating some forum rules or creating animosity by posting here I will stop.
Jim Powers
Bike Touring News and Zimbale North America