View Single Post
Old 06-14-11, 02:45 PM
Mr Gnome

Bikes: Sun X3-SX recumbent trike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The world can't revolve around what might be considered appropriate for an 8 year old girl. That's why she has parents to protect her.

No, it can't and it doesn't revolve around and 8 year old girl. But at one time not too long ago, at least in the USA, it did with things like that. And I'm not talking about Govt. control/laws; I'm talking about a thing called respect. I said the bike was neat and had a lot of imagination, but not where it's at in a public place. Would I like to see it, probably, but not with my son when he was a child.

You said, "That's why she has parents to protect her." So how would a child’s parents protect them from something like that when they walk around a corner and it's in their face?

Seeing a cyclist hit a wall at 20 mph might not be considered "appropriate" for a child.

I don't know, maybe that might work to the child’s advantage seeing the lowlife smashed up beyond recantation on that bike. And no, even though I think he's a lowlife for what he's doing there in a public place, I really wouldn't wish that on him.

Bob