Old 06-14-11, 03:45 PM
superclyde6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey mate. Welcome! I am in the same boat you are in terms of picking a bike. From experience what everyone is telling you here about testing out each bike is critical. You have to sit on it and ride it to know. What I thought was a "for sure" bike for me... Wasn't after I rode it and a bike I would have never considered is now the one I will most likely go with. And by test drive I don't mean ride it around the parking lot. Take it out for a couple of blocks at least and find out if it feels comfortable or not.

A little "trick" I learned spending 18 months in a cast was something called "little victories". Set goals for yourself that are reachable, do them, then pat yourself on the back for making it. What I mean by that is you are not going to go out and do 25 miles all at once. Instead set a manageable goal like say one mile and then when you hit that goal congratulate yourself and be proud of it. Then set a goal of 2 miles and work each day you ride towards that mark one block at a time. As in each day you increase the distance you ride by one block. It adds up quick.