View Single Post
Old 06-15-11, 02:16 PM
PaulRivers

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts
Actually...I totally hear you on the Dinotte 200L being rather time consuming with the batteries, connector, etc.

However, for me -
1. It was the first bike light I had that put out enough light that I was happy with it
2. I still use it because of it's size - it's great to bring along as a "backup light", or a "friend light" (you know - you want to go out riding with your friend in the evening, but they don't have a light). It's also worked fairly well for mountain biking where because of it's size, construction, and ability to bring additional AA batteries I don't have to worry about crashing and breaking an expensive light.
3. It's annoying to wrap the battery pack with rubber bands, but once you do it's been very reliable over bumps, etc.
4. The light that actually collects dust for me is my Dinotte 400L - for the single reason that it requires a screwdriver to take on and off the bike, and that keeps me from using it for almost anything because I can't slap it on someone else's bike, and I have several bikes of my own so it's not easy to casually move it around between my own bikes.