Old 06-16-11, 09:42 PM
jacquelineashle

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Djb! Yeah, I know, this trip is pretty remote, I am from southern Ontario and I used to go to school in Halifax so Ive done the drive through NB to Halifax a lot... So once I heard that the road to Labrador city is now paved... Ive been really set on doing it and finally checking NFL off my bucketlist. To be honest, bugs are my biggest concern. I often camp in northern Ontario so bear wise... Ill just practice the same bear cautious precautions I use camping here... and as always, be as prepared as possible annnd hope for the best . I am thinking about taking the train to Montreal or Quebec... (even trois-rivieres... i used to live there) and aiming to complete the trip in about5 weeks... obviously flexible to accommodate for life's little surprises, exploring, recovery, and what not... given your tips though... Ive also checked out taking another route, through NB and omitting Labrador city... Since Im flexibile on where to depart (Barrie- Quebec City) that route could take anywhere from 3.5-5 weeks.... with maybe a hike in Gros Morne and time to check out the flower pots on the bay of fundy... ok! Sooo wheels are turning! Thanks for your input... any thoughts?