Old 06-16-11, 10:59 PM
Igo

Bikes: Giant Defy 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by valygrl
I haven't biked those roads myself, but Adventure Cycling has a couple of maps in that area, you might get some info from the "details" links on the Western Express and Utah Cliffs Loop pages - or maybe even want to buy a map.

http://www.adventurecycling.org/routes/index.cfm

It sounds a little hot right now though. Maybe a better spring/fall ride? Colorado is coming into season now.
This looks like a great lead. Thank you very much. I'm a mapaholic.
I don't really know what I want to do. I know it will be something not too very grandious but I know it's coming. I was looking at the Mohave Preserve as there is very little traffic and I can easily pick it up from here. This is very brand new to me and now it is summer in Las Vegas. But I have to be at work at 6:30 and find it easy riding in in the mornings and not so terrible when I ride home at 100 degrees. By the time it cools down again I should have a much better scope of how the cycling is developing for me. I am just loving it thus far.
I have a weeks vacation in October. I have a permit for a short hike in the Grand Canyon then 5 more days left after that. I might just walk out of the Canyon then do a rim ride immediately after. You and I both live in great country to be outdoors.