Old 06-18-11, 05:09 AM
CraigB
Starting over

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
First, I believe I spelled it correctly.

Second, prostatitis is not the issue, at least for me. My prostate is simply larger than it used to be. And I didn't read anything in those articles that suggested any pressure on the perineum can lead to prostatitis in the first place, so I don't see any cause for cycling alarm regarding that particular problem.

My speculation is that saddle pressure on the area may be leading to pressure on the prostate (because of its size), which in turn is leading to pressure on the bladder. And if that's actually the case, then what type of saddle might have the best chance of alleviating the problem. That's what I'm hoping to learn more about from the experiences of my fellow (literally) members of the 50+ section.

And my father had prostate cancer late in his life, so I'm pretty keenly aware of prostate health issues in general, including keeping tabs on my own PSA every year (and hence the digital exam with each physical as well).

Last edited by CraigB; 06-18-11 at 05:12 AM.