View Single Post
Old 10-15-02, 07:34 AM
nathank
cycle-powered

Bikes: '02 Specialized FSR, '03 RM Slayer, '99 Raleigh R700, '97 Norco hartail, '89 Stumpjumper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i eat 3-4 "meals" per day and then 2-4 snacks per day... when i'm really training i eat every 2-3 hours (i'm about to go buy 2 yogurts and a bread pretzel here at 3:30pm at work)

common snakcs:
* yogurt
* muesli/cereal w/ milk (also my breakfast meal where i eat 3 large bowls)
* nutella/peanut butter sandwiches
* fruit - particularly bananas

i heard if i take protien shakes when i dont work out can turn it into fat. is this true?

Even thought i bike aggressively to the point where my legs hurt the next day, is it okay to take protien shakes even though i didnt do a full body workout.
as someone else said, as long as you're burning more calories (through exercise and muscle rebuilding) than you eat, not really... (unless you're trying to be a body builder and maintain REALLY low body-fat like sub 8%)

and it doesn't matter if it's "full" body or not --- the legs and butt comprise a large portion of the body's muscle

you can't "spot train" fat --- you body stores a certain amount and pretty much just chooses where to put it which varies for each person (stomach, thighs, neck, back, arms, etc.)

as long as you're working out a whole lot (like 4+ times per week), worry more about the quality than quantity... personally, my biggest problem is LOOSING too much weight (i'm 6'1" and 160lbs)