Old 06-20-11, 07:27 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by oilman_15106
I would think the worst place for dogs is in the middle of a steep climb where you have absolutely no chance of getting out of the pickle by sprinting..
I had a ride with dogs, I'm tootling along, maybe 17km/h, so far I'm about 10km into the ride, and it's about 90% uphill averages a 2% grade, that bike has about a 34 gear inch low end and I am in it, so I don't push it, I see a big dog, and then another one, so the old brain rings up the engine room I NEED FULL SPEED NOW!!!!. So I'm going uphill, and I need power so I can get out of there, the RPM is climbing, I'm shifting, and hit 37km/h and the one stupid dog is almost keeping up, I'm wondering who's going to run out of gas first, me or dog, and his buddy is loafing along a ways back, ready to join in, once the first one gets dinner ready.... You know those idiots chased me for 5km, then comes the great advantage to that route, you hit the high point, and it changes from trending uphill to trending downhill, shift into the big ring, and leave the dogs in the dust....

That was a while ago, I need to do that route again, if I see those dogs again, I'm going to call the local constabulary and report that there is loose dogs along there....