billydonn
Council of the Elders

Bikes: 1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
First Day of CM is in the Books

Cycle Montana rode today from the Bozeman area to the small flyfishing mecca of Ennis. Weather was nearly perfect for me, i.e. coolish and overcast with very little wind. Today's scenery was pretty much classical western Montana with lush rolling hills and often along the Madison River. Other than the scenery and good company of fellow riders, highlights of the day included a substantial climb of about 900 feet over something like three miles followed by a somewhat scary downhill 7% run over a three mile stretch. Unfortunately a cold rain and a gusty crosswind came up just as I started this descent and it took some attention to control (i.e. slow down) my bike and stay safe. Also a bunch of us were buzzed pretty aggressively by a local redneck in a pickup... but no harm came to anyone.

Anyway these negatives notwithstanding it was a fantastic day of riding with 46 miles down and about 300 yet to go. Everyone arrived safely and dinner at the local HS was excellent. We ride 72 miles to Dillon, MT tomorrow beginning with a 2000 foot climb over about 8 miles. Oh, goodie!

http://dongreersbicyclingblog.blogspot.com/

Last edited by billydonn; 05-30-12 at 10:02 PM.