Occasional poster

Bikes: 1997 Trek 520, 2020 Trek Marlin 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 24 Times in 13 Posts
Manhattan, KS overnight tour ideas

Hi all,
I am spending the next two weeks at Kansas State in Manhattan. I will have the weekend to get away and explore a little. I thought someone might have some ideas of where to go and what to see and how to get out of this city. I have my Garmin Legend Cx and can add maps and routes fairly easily. I am staying in Goodnow Hall on the edge of campus.

My parameters - likely not more than 30 miles one way with relatively decent services. I have a tent, a cotton sleeping bag liner, but no cooking gear. I am taking my bicycle in tomorrow to get it professionally tuned and maybe overhauled, perhaps at http://www.bigpoppibikes.com/#/welcome - I have to call them in the morning and see if they can get me in this week.

I also have all 4 panniers, but no camp cooking gear - not that I can't whip up a popcan stove in a few minutes. Alternatively, with 4 relatively empty panniers, I could pack up quite a bit of no cook food.

Any suggestions?