Old 06-22-11, 05:55 AM
2_i 

Bikes: Trek 730 (quad), 720 & 830, Bike Friday NWT, Brompton M36R & M6R, Dahon HAT060 & HT060, ...

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 251 Posts
That was my impression: of the Chinese bike companies moving beyond basics into original innovative design, and this when strolling down a Beijing street with factory stores already 2 years ago. However, the innovative offerings were then at 1k$+ and I was not ready to jump in. The price of the folder above is aimed at mass sales, within the Chinese Dahon range and a factor of few above the cheapest folders in China. Still I would tame the quality expectations, and these could be painful given multiple custom parts. Over 60% of technical items I bought in China at the time, I had to return or replace because of quality issues: these usually prevented an item from functioning in practice. People from outside grumbling about the quality of Chinese products do not even realize how bad it is inside - foreign companies working with Chinese apparently contribute a good deal in filtering the bad apples.

The concept still is clearly very good. I would want fenders and a rack added.