Old 06-22-11, 12:13 PM
DavidW56

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jet sanchEz
I've emailed a few guys like this asking them what size they are looking for and they have almost always responded "Size doesn't matter to me, do you have pictures of the bike?" which of course means that they are trying to flip. I keep note of their email addresses (and the guy I mentioned above) just so that I don't inadvertently sell something to them by mistake.
Thank you all for the informative posts. I admit to being slow on on the uptake regarding buyers like these. I had an adult trike for sale on my lawn during the annual neighborhood street sale, and several people approached me with stories, such as "My son is developmentally disabled", or "I can't ride a regular bike because if anything else happens to my arm, it will have to be amputated" (the speaker here indicated a long scar along her biceps). They each told me this in conjunction with a request to lower the price even further. I declined to do so only because it was the first day the bike was offered for sale, but it was my kids who told me "Dad, they're just telling you that to get you to feel sorry for them and lower the price."

In this case, I really doubt they were flippers, but still wanting something for next to nothing.